Improving the capability of the state rests high on President Ramaphosa’s reform agenda. It is a crucial step in addressing the twin challenges of poverty and inequality, and even more important in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic. It is difficult to measure South Africa’s performance towards these objectives, but this infographic report draws from the BER’s NDP Assessment Report to provide some guidance. It illustrates that while confidence in national government improved somewhat between 2017 and 2019, confidence levels in local government remain dismally low.
- GTAC Annual Report published
- Enoch Godongwana, Minister of Finance delivers the Medium Term Budget Policy Statement
- Day two of the Public Economics Conference dives deep into the spending reviews and government’s job creation initiatives
- First day of Public Economics Conference looks at governments initiatives to tackle unemployment
- The Topic for this week’s webinar is “Using Africa’s precious innovation capacity to Bee-Watcher-Watch”