Government Spending Reviews involve the close scrutiny of both expenditure and programme performance data, and are widely used internationally for quantifying, assessing and improving the cost effectiveness of public policy. In South Africa Public Expenditure and Policy Analysis Spending Reviews play an important role in discussions between Treasury and spending departments, even when policy changes are not made.
The Spending Reviews show that evidence-based policymaking has the potential to contribute to better value for money and, critically, higher levels of service delivery. Both are essential if government is to achieve the long-term goal of improving the lives of all South Africans.
REASONS NOT TO MISS THE UPCOMING CONFERENCE:
- Learn from the experts: The event provides a platform for national and provincial officials to discuss how to improve value for money and secure savings. Learn from experienced practitioners and engage with colleagues experiencing similar challenges to you in their work environment.
- Analyse the data: There is an extensive collection of nearly 200 spending reviews with analysis and recommendations indicating what drives costs and spending on policy commitments.
- Top keynote speakers: You will learn from the Best in the Business with speakers such as Ronette Engela, Mampho Modise, Malijeng Ngqaleni, Lindiwe Ndlela, Deputy Minister David Masondo and National Treasury DG Dondo Mogajane.
- Discussion opportunities: Participate in dialogues on Spending Reviews in the South African landscape.
- Exciting technology: Experience all of this in an interactive Event App that is sure to enhance your experience and learning.