The Department of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (DPME), in partnership with GTAC and the National Research Foundation (NRF) is working with South Africa’s top academics to record, chronicle, analyse and assess the measures Government, and its partners, have implemented to combat the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. The papers are being developed as events unfold, and the First Edition Covid-19 Country Report will be published during April 2021. During May 2021 a series of ‘validation workshops’ will serve to verify and debate the findings. The GTAC website will house all the chapters, background papers and case studies, and WhatsUp will continue to share progress.
- GTAC Annual Report published
- Enoch Godongwana, Minister of Finance delivers the Medium Term Budget Policy Statement
- Day two of the Public Economics Conference dives deep into the spending reviews and government’s job creation initiatives
- First day of Public Economics Conference looks at governments initiatives to tackle unemployment
- The Topic for this week’s webinar is “Using Africa’s precious innovation capacity to Bee-Watcher-Watch”