The Savings @ Work: Government Spending Reviews Conference was held from 6 – 7 May 2021.
The conference created a platform for all officials who have been a part of the various capacity building initiatives offered on the Spending Review methodology to share insights from their spending reviews. It also provided a platform to discuss similar challenges and showcase some of the innovative solutions. It was an opportunity strengthen networks among the budget analysts at the coal face of budget and service delivery and a platform to reflect on the impact and consequences of the 40 technical spending reviews completed in National Treasury between 2013 and 2017.
A significant component of the conference focused on the processes around the institutionalization of spending reviews.
All the presentations are available for you to view and download here:
- Amanda Jitsing – Making it Happen
- Antony Altbeker and Hermi Borraine – Personnell Expenditure
- Donald Onyango – Agric Farmer support
- Feroza Fredericks and Zandi Ramoitheki – Libraries and Comm health centres
- Jeremy Upfold – Wasteful expenditure Trips
- Mabele Mdhluli – Minimising the costs of the Dept. of Defence
- Mercy Mhlophe – DIRCO_s Spending on Missions